StatSeal Advanced Powder and Disc
What Is It?
StatSeal ADVANCED is a topical hemostatic powder for temporary external control of bleeding from sheath and catheter removals. Available in powder or disc form, the ingredients are a hydrophilic polymer and potassium ferrate.
Powder + Pressure = Seal
As an adjunct to manual pressure, StatSeal forms a physical seal through agglomeration of blood solids and proteins along with simultaneous rapid dehydration of the blood.
The Benefits of StatSeal ADVANCED
Reduces hold times
- Does not rely on the body’s clotting cascade
- Seal forms instantly and strengthens with pressure and time
- The seal stays with the patient
- Increases patient comfort and satisfaction
- Allows for re-access of the site
- Non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Improves facility throughput
Efficient and Cost-effective
- Less expensive than pads, patches and closure devices
- Versatile – can be used for femoral access, radial access or fistulas
- Saves staff time
StatSeal ADVANCED achieved hemostasis in less than two minutes for venous access and four minutes for arterial procedures based on results from a randomized controlled clinical study. StatSeal effectively reduced time to hemostasis with minimal associated complications (hematoma, rebleeds). StatSeal is superior to the control (D-Stat) in reducing time to hemostasis.*
“Comparative Evaluation of Noninvasive Compression Adjuncts for Hemostasis in Percutaneous Arterial, Venous, and Arteriovenous Dialysis Access Procedures”; Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Vol. 19, Number 1, January 2008. David S. Wang, MD, Larry F. Chu, MD, Scott E. Olson, MD, Frank J. Miller, MD, Karim Valji, MD, Wade H. Wong, DO, Steven C. Rose, MD, Matthew Austin, MD, Michael D. Kuo, MD